Sunshine Award!

I've only been blogging for a few weeks, but surprisingly enough, my little slice of cyber-space has garnered some notice. My Facebook friend Lea Bronsen has tapped me for the Sunshine Award! Thanks so much, Lea.

The award comes with a few rules. Now I have to answer a few simple questions:


Favorite Color: Depends on what the color is for. I like to wear jewel tones--peacock blue, deep red, etc. I like my walls to be white.


Favorite Animal: That's a toughie because I've had cats, dogs, horses, guinea pigs and assorted fish. If pressed, I have to say nothing beats the companionship of a loving dog. (Which makes me wonder why I gave my heroine in Sunday is for Suspects a cat. Guess I figured Lacy Evans needs someone who expects her to cater to their every need.) 


Favorite Number: 7. It's the perfect number because of the 7 days of creation and all.


Favorite Non-alcoholic drink: Cherry Coke Zero! 


Facebook or Twitter: Twitter.  I view Facebook as a necessary evil. My biggest beef is that FB changes so often. I have a friend who works with special needs children who claims we all have a bit of autism in us that resists change. FB pings my bit of autism big time. 


My Passion: Creating an entire fictional town. I love Coldwater, OK, even though it only exists in my head.


Giving or Getting presents: Both are fun, but it really is more blessed to be able to give. I learned that when my husband went through a patch of unemployment a few years ago. It's very hard to accept a gift you can't reciprocate.


Now speaking of giving, I get to pass the Sunshine award on to some other bloggers who have inspired me. I hope you'll visit each one and leave a comment:


Lea Bronsen's Latest - Thanks again for the Sunshine Award, Lea!
Penelope's Romance Reviews - I enjoy Penelope's reviews along with her fixation on bearded men!

Read, Write, Love - Historical author Mia Marlowe's blog, Home of Red Pencil Thursday, an online critique group.
Killer Crafts & Crafty Killers - Lois Winston's Anastasia Pollack blog, lots of guests and fun!
A Writer Called Wanda - Aspiring contemporary author Wanda Fittro offers a new post every Friday.
Being Bonnie Vanak - A romance author whose day job takes her to Third World countries to render aid.

The Editor Devil - Tips, tricks and advice from editor/writer Christine Fairchild 
Marie Force's Blog - This wildly successful author shares her secrets to self-publishing & traditional publishing.
Kristen Lamb's Blog - Tons of info for writers about the business. 
Deanna Raybourn's Blog - I love this author's work, so I'm interested in whatever she has to say.


Now it's your turn. Do you have a favorite blog you return to time and again?